Sensory Support Team - About Us
Edit this text by clicking the Edit Page button
For Children and Adults who are D/deaf or Deafblind
Who do we support?
- People of all ages who are affected by hearing loss or combined sight and hearing loss.
- We also support families and carers.
What are our Aims and Values?
- We believe that people with sensory loss should enjoy the basic right to participate fully and equally in the life of the community.
- We seek opportunities to promote positive attitudes towards people with a sensory loss.
What services do we provide?
- Specialist Assessment of individual needs.
- Technical Assessments for special equipment to promote independence.
- Confidential counselling; help with personal problems and family matters.
- Support to carers
- Information, advice, support and 'sign posting' to other services
- Access to interpretation services
- A Register of D/deaf and Deafblind people (voluntary)
Who are we?
- The service is provided by three specialist Social Workers and one Technical Officer who work only with people who are D/deaf or Deafblind
- These specialist workers are qualified Social Workers who also possess sign communication skills
- We are happy for people to contact us by email:
Refereals Children : Information & Advice: Referrals Adults:
Disabled Children's Team Sensory Support Team Andy Weeks
Social Services Office Foundry House Foundry House
94, Newgate Street The Oval The Oval
Morpeth Bedlington Bedlington
Northumberland Northumberland Northumberland
NE61 1BU NE22 5HS NE22 5HS
Tel: (01670) 516131 Tel: (01670) 536400 Tel: (01670) 536400